The Montara Lighthouse Hostel is located on the west side of Highway 1 near16th street in Montara, CA. (Google map view) We meet in the Fog Signal building next to the lighthouse. (See image 1)
Please note that the pavement on the hill down from the parking area to the hostel’s Fog Signal Building is uneven and steep. Please watch your step on the road down and we recommend bringing a flashlight for use after dark.
Coming north From Half Moon Bay:
-The hostel is seven miles north of the junction of Highway 92 and Highway 1.
– It is approximately 1/2 mile north of the small town of Moss Beach.
– The left turn lane into the hostel is located just past this sign. (See image 2)
– If you miss the turn, continue to Montara, turn around and come back.
– The turn is a sharp right turn into this driveway to the hostel. (See image 3)
Coming south From Pacifica:
– The hostel is 2.5 miles south of the tunnel exit
– You’ll pass La Costanera restaurant on your right – the hostel is 3/4 of a mile farther south
– Watch for the hostel sign on the right. You will also see the left turn arrow on the other side of the highway at the entrance.
Please ONLY park in these two locations:
1. Outside the Hostel gate/fence: Parking spots along the frontage road on your left, facing Highway 1.
2. Inside the Hostel gate/fence: Parking spots immediately to your left, facing south. You can disregard the signs that say “Hostel Guest Parking and 1 Hour Visitor Parking 9:00 am – Sunset”. Coastside Vipassana participants are welcome to park there. (See image 4)
The remaining parking spots closer to the building are reserved for guests staying overnight at the hostel.
Disabled parking: Follow the road down to the bottom of the hill. Disabled parking spots are available on the right side, just outside the building where we meet.